Local author to discuss career of Vic Damone

Wayland Town Crier 6/18/09: Local author to discuss career of Vic Damone. Remember Vic Damone? If you’re an American of a certain age, you surely will. His hit records in the 1940s and ’50s included "On the Street Where You Live" from "My Fair Lady" (which rose to No. 4 on the Billboard charts), "My Heart Cries for You," "My Truly, Truly Fair" and "Tzena, Tzena, Tzena." Damone personifies the rags-to-riches essence of "The American Dream." The man described by Frank Sinatra as having the "best pipes" in the business was born on June 12, 1928 as Vito Rocco Farinola in Brooklyn, N.Y. He was the son of Italian immigrants – his father an electrician, his mother a piano teacher. Damone will be the subject of an upcoming talk by Marlborough resident David Chanoff, co-author (with Damone) of the recently published "Singing Was the Easy Part," a breezy memoir of the crooner’s life. The talk is co-sponsored by the Wayland and Sudbury libraries and will be presented on Tuesday, June 23 at the Goodnow Library in Sudbury at 7:30pm.

Share:

Leave a Reply (full real name required)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *