Bottled 'Spring' Water Contaminated with PFAS Being Sold Across Massachusetts

On 2 July, the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services issued a bulletin regarding contaminated bottled water manufactured by Spring Hill Farm Dairy Inc. and sold by a variety of retailers under other brand names -- including "365 Spring Water" (Whole Foods), "Acadia Spring Water" (Stop and Shop) and "Ice Canyon Spring Water" (CVS). A link to the EOHHS notice is included below.

I checked stores in the Wayland / Weston area and here is what I found:

• Whole Foods, Sudbury: replaced with clean water manufactured after 24 July.

• CVS, Wayland: Still on the shelf -- the manager had not received a notice and immediately pulled the contaminated bottle off the shelf.

• Stop and Shop, Wayland: replaced with clean water manufactured after 24 July.

• Shaws, Sudbury: replaced with clean water manufactured after 24 July.

• CVS, Sudbury: Still on the shelf. The manager said she would "check for a recall".

CVS managers have apparently not been notified, and other CVS stores probably still have contaminated water for sale. I contacted CVSHealth senior management to let them know about this problem. Other retailers are also affected, e.g. Cumberland Farms and Market Basket -- so check the EOHHS list and make sure any "Spring Water" you buy was manufactured after 24 July.

Mark Hays

Here is a link to the EOHHS notice -- a PDF copy is also attached below.

www.mass.gov/files/documents/2019/07/08/spring-hill-advisory-july-2-2019_0.pdf

MA EOHHS spring-hill-advisory-july-2-2019_0.pdfMA EOHHS spring-hill-advisory-july-2-2019_0.pdf