Invitation to express interest in serving on Town Meeting Procedures Review Committee

I would like to invite candidates interested in serving on the new Town Meeting Procedures Review Committee to send me a copy of their resume and a letter telling me when they moved to Wayland (unless they have always lived here), summarizing the extent of their participation in previous town meetings as well as their education and experience in dealing with electronic devices, such as those that have been proposed to permit electronic voting.

As you may have heard, the new committee has been charged with considering a number of suggestions that are being advanced, which might make town meeting more efficient and user-friendly, including a proposal for electronic voting, the use of an Australian ballot, the establishment of a representative form of town meeting, among others.

Please send your application to me at 32 Hampshire Road, at pgossels@socialaw.com or to my fax at (617) 743-5734 no later than Friday, February 5, 2010.

Thank you.

C. Peter R. Gossels, Moderator
                            of the Town of Wayland

Leave a Reply (full real name required)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *