Thread: Time to act

Exclamation Time to act

There will be a 6 month gap until the vacant seat on the BOS is filled (see: http://wayland.patch.com/groups/poli...yland-bos-seat). I believe we need to find someone who is able to listen and act responsibly in the interests of the WHOLE town to take this slot. The time to get out and educate the townspeople on the issues and why it's so important to care and act (by voting) is now. If this isn't done, we will wind up back in the same position we were in (mostly face down in the mud). I invite suggestions on a process we can use to select a candidate who will be effective in the role. Survey? Articles in the Crier? Agenda items on the BOS meetings? Blogs on Waylandenews? Posters in the library? Let's get the word out there that we need someone dedicated to take on this task!

I'm starting to worry about what we're walking into in April. A few names that have pulled papers to run for Selectmen include Linda Segal and Don Bustin. Is this the kind of representation we want to see on the BOS? (Just askin'.) Remember, only one seat has to get filled to re-form the dreaded BO3 again. It is truly unfortunate that Steve has chosen not to run (although easily understandable). Highest honors and regards to Joe for stepping up for third term. My best wishes go out to you Joe, and thanks for your selfless service.

Carl