Thread: Where's George Harris' outrage now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Where's George Harris' outrage now?

Interesting that 2 years ago (almost to the day), George published the following missive: http://www.wickedlocal.com/wayland/t...en#thecomments . In it, he excoriates the previous board of selectmen for their flagrant disregard of the OML. He further denigrates the character of the board itself with a missive about how they willfully repeat their offenses in a never ending cyclical pattern.

OK then. Here we are with a brand new, clear OML violation. Blood in the water!

But wait! These guys are not wrong because they did something that perhaps George thought was good, so the minor disregard for the law should be overlooked (perhaps just this one time).

C'mon. Now's your chance to do something that the REST of the town will approve of. Support Kim in her efforts! Raise a petition to recall the BO3. Do SOMETHING to right this wrong. Your silence is deafening.

Default The silence is deafening

I think this is a good place to post this letter about the deafening silence of the "watchdogs": http://www.wickedlocal.com/wayland/t...d-is-deafening

Things are not always as they seem.
    I have a high degree of confidence that this was not a violation of the Open Meeting Law. I completely understand how it could seem that way on the surface, but to the watchdogs who have followed the many actual violations of the past, this OML complaint stands out as having nothing but speculation behind it.

More detail and specifics about the August 26 termination came out at the BOS meeting the other night. I highly recommend watching the WayCam video . At this meeting, Tony addresses the OML question and much more. It's highly informative and provides a lot of perspective to the questions some have had about the termination.

To see examples of real OML Violations that have occurred in Wayland, visit the OML page on www.WaylandTranspency.com. There have been many significant and blatant violations of the OML in Wayland, that were real, as determined by the AG. And one of them has a .

While I can't speak for others, it seems likely to me that the reason the watchdogs are silent is because there's nothing here. There is nothing about which to be outraged.
    John Flaherty

Any views expressed are NOT mine alone.
    Wayland Transparency - Facts Without Spin
    http://www.waylandtransparency.com/

Wrong as usual... you and your cronies are so smug about how this is a witch hunt, and nothing wrong was done - even though it looks like it on the surface. Hey. Last I checked, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, smells, like a duck - it's probably a duck. George has never hesitated to cry foul even when it was questionable whether or not there was a foul. So why not this time? I'll tell you why. Because he supports what Tony did, so therefore he's willing to overlook it. As Joe Nolan has said several times in recent meetings, this is just plain embarassing, and the BO3's continued insolence is just plain disgusting. The truth will come out sooner or later, and I reiterate my plea to recall these 3 since they clearly do not have the integrity to resign on their own.

The executive session minutes that were available on the Wayland Patch page for a few minutes seem to have disappeared. None of the other sources for this type of info seem to have saved and posted them. That site waylandtransparency.com which seems to archive all OML accusations and that guy Flaherty who loves to repost references does not have them. WVN does not have them. Why is that? If they are for Transparency and Information distribution shouldn't they have covered them? Certainly the AG has not yet ruled but you would think just for "transparency" they would have posted them. Waylandtransparency.com has certainly been judge and jury on many topics before most notably recently on the METCO documentation mixup when others were willing to wait for the back up documentation. Maybe the minutes are especially exculpatory and they are biased in their coverage! Is that possible?

Ben, in case you have any difficulty finding these anywhere, I have posted them here: http://www.waylandenews.com/forum/sh...eneral-inquiry