Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Understanding what REALLY happened & why re: termination of the Town Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dieffenbach View Post
    Certainly, there's a spectrum of possibility, and choosing just two points on that spectrum is a simplification.
    Then we agree, but I would characterize choosing just two points as an over-simplification.

I chose three ... and should have been explicit about why I instantly discarded the third. I stand by my simplification.

If there are significantly different 4th, 5th, or more points (meaningful) on this particular spectrum, I'll be happy to address them.
    Last edited by Jeff Dieffenbach; 02-05-2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Clarity

William H. Jones Jr., we hardly knew ye.

As the MetroWest Daily News reports, Mr. Jones has decided not to accept Wayland's Town Administrator offer. Apparently, last minute news of Boston's distance from Chicago surfaced, and that was all she wrote.

On another front, I was a bit disappointed to read the following quote from the article.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroWest Daily News
    Selectman Joe Nolan, the sole vote against firing Turkington last summer, said before Town Meeting started, Im disappointed obviously because he seemed like a very good candidate. That said I understand his reasons. I hope we can take what we learned in the first search and do better in the next search.
    Technically, Joe Nolan's vote was the only one against Mr. Turkington's firing, but it is a glaring omission to fail to note then-Selectmen Steve Correia's opposition to the move.