Thread: using wifi at the TB

Default using wifi at the TB

I cannot make the wifi work at the TB. For example, last night my macbookpro registered a strong signal, and the network was selected, but I could not get any response from the internet. Is there some permission page that is supposed to come up? I'd like to have access in case I have forgotten things that I need from email or attachments or web sites. Comments?

Thanks,
    Fred

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that I was able to connect the last time I was at the Town Building. That's with my HP, though ... I can see how the Mac might not be as user-friendly. [grin]

Jeff,

Do you remember if you were prompted to sign an acceptable use statement in the browser?

Thanks,
    Fred

Sadly, I don't easily remember why I got up and walked into the other room.

No, sorry, no idea. Generally, I expect them with public WiFi, but don't always get them. My very vague memory on the TB WiFi is that there isn't any such statement.

Perhaps contact Leisha Simon, WPS Director of Technology? Her email address should be on the WPS web site ... if you can access it. [grin]

Default Using TB wifi requires clicking on a link in a browser page

Last night, I succeeded in getting the wifi to work by noticing a browser page that had come up and clicking on it to start the wifi. The message was something like "Proceed to the internet." Completo.

Nice, Fred fixed the Internet!