Thread: Khan Academy: a practical approach towards improving education

Default Khan Academy: a practical approach towards improving education

Dave,
    Great posting. This seem like very exciting/powerful education technology. Do you know if anyone on the School Committee or school administration has looked into this.

I've not yet engaged with anyone at WPS, but plan to give that a try after the "phase 1" electronic voting mission is complete.

Several people working in education have suggested that many teachers would resist relinquishing their role as lecturers, impeding the adoption of Khan's "inverted" approach.

Dave, you might consider having the Technology Task Force (of which Tom Sciacca and I, among others, are members) take a look. That, and run it past Brad Crozier. I for one think it's certainly worth exploring as a component to our curriculum.

I was planning to discuss it with Leisha Simon, whom I met while working on Electronic Voting, but don't let that stop you from running with it Jeff.

Here's a couple of links to the Los Altos pilot Khan mentions in his talk:

Don't miss the Blog's video clips...

Dave

Hi Mr. Bernstein, Thanks to our great tech task force and admin., teachers in Wayland have wonderful access to technology tools and links. Students currently utilize the Khan sites at times, and we're exploring Khan's ideas. Here's a blog post that gives a bit more information: http://teachchildrenfirst.blogspot.c...-homework.html