Thread: Borrow or Loan books for the Kindle?

Default Borrow or Loan books for the Kindle?

Now that the Kindle is enabling loans (at least for some books, and hopefully expanding soon), would there be any interest in a Kindle lending group here on the Discussion Forum? I joined one on Facebook to test out how it works (it works), and I loaned someone a book, and got a loan from someone else. It works quickly and easily (as does everything on the Kindle).

Let me know what you think of the idea. If there's interest, we could open a separate forum for it.

I love the idea of a Kindle lending group. Anyone interested in lending me one, let me know!

If I'm not mistaken, you don't actually need a Kindle, right, but just a device with a Kindle App? I've got such an App for my Blackberry.

Kim, how would this work? Would we need to go through the Facebook group, or can we organize something through the DF? How do I see what books you (and others) have to lend? I've only got a few titles (one is lame, the other is worse) since the Blackberry is such a poor reading device.

There is at least one Kindle Lending group on Facebook (I joined one called Lendle my Kindle Books). The way that group works is somebody posts they have a book, and then it's a first-come first-served sort of thing. But that's all strangers. How much nicer to exchange with friends and neighbors.

An issue is that, if I understand the way it works correctly, books can only be loaned once. Also, unfortunately, at this point most books are not lendable.

To read up on it, click here

If you have a book you are willing to loan, for now - how about a post under this thread? And if there's sufficient interest, I'll start a separate forum.

I only have one Kindle book, and that's only because it was free, but it's loanable and interesting enough: Primitive by Mark Nykanen.