An invitation to Juniors for a college visit at Brandeis

Dear fellow parents of Juniors at Wayland High School:

Like all of you I am entering the college search process with my WHS Junior (David) this year. Since I have been a professor at Brandeis University for the past 11 years, I do have a lot of experience dealing with first-year advising, but none with selecting the right College or University for my son. What I do have, however, is access to a lot of expertise here at Brandeis, and of course experience with what College is like. Having heard from other parents that they are beginning their College visits I thought it might be really helpful to all of you to begin this search close to home! Since Brandeis is only 15 minutes from Wayland this is really a convenient place to start. So I had a conversation with our Dean of Admissions, Jean Eddy, who liked my idea of inviting you and your Juniors to Brandeis for a visit!

So you are hereby invited: I would like to welcome you at the brand-new admissions building at Brandeis University on Veterans Day (11/11) at 2pm in the afternoon. You can find directions (and lots more information!) on the Brandeis website at http://www.brandeis.edu/about/visiting/index.html. First we will be given a tour of the entire campus, where you can collect lots of information about Brandeis and the life of a university campus. Afterwards we will have an opportunity to meet with admissions representatives to learn more about the college application process in general, and of course about Brandeis in particular.

If you or your kids have specific interests that you already know about, please let me know, and I will do my best to get you in touch with someone who can provide more information.

It would be great if you could RSVP to Lisa Fay at lfay@brandeis.edu by November 10 at 2pm so that we will know how many are planning to attend.

I really do love Brandeis, and I look forward to sharing "my" campus with you! This should be great fun for our kids, too!

Feel free to email me if you have any questions. We definitely should try to arrange as many carpools as possible to set a good environmental example…

Hope to see you on 11/11!

Sabine von Mering

Sabine von Mering, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of German
Department of German, Russian, and Asian Languages and Literature
Director, Center for German and European Studies
Brandeis University
MS 024
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02454
Phone: (781) 736-3227
Fax: (781) 736-3207