Just wanted to post a word of congratulations to Wayland voters. In the primary election just held for our state senate race, Wayland voters turned out in larger relative numbers than any other town in the district except Needham, which was the home town of both Democratic candidates. The total votes in Waylandfor Peter Smulowitz, who won the Democratic primary, were second only to the total in Needham, and likely the difference in this very close race. We will post the results shortly on our website: www.waylanddems.org, as well as on our Wayland Democrats Facebook page: www.facebook.com/waylanddems.

So I am writing both to thank voters for their votes for Smulowitz, but also to say how proud I am and we can all be of the fact that Wayland voters turned-out in such relatively strong numbers in this out-of-cycle special election. This is a great tribute to the level of civic engagement and commitment of town residents.

The general election for this seat formerly held by Scott Brown, which pits Smulowitz against Richard Ross, Republican state representative from Wrentham, will be on May 11, which coincides with our local town elections. I am sure we will once again demonstrate our town's residents' commitments to civic engagement with a great turnout.

Thanks,

Jon.