Thread: Running

Smile Running

To whomever is out there viewing this...I'd like to try and start a local (Wayland area) running club but I wanted to see how many residents would be interested...
    I am an avid runner...I've run 11 Marathons...and countless 5k's, 10k's, 1/2 Marathons, 5 milers, 10-milers...etc...and I need a running partner but don't want to join any of the other local running groups in the area...so why not start our own???
    Anyone interested please contact me or email me: jobrien-24@comcast.net

Okay...if people are hesitant to join an official running club...how about just getting together (whenever possible) to run? I usually run 4-5 times a week...and the times will vary depending on my work schedule...I have a very flexible schedule so if anyone wants to try and get together...email me times and distances etc...I can go online and post my mileage goal for the week...and my times of when I'm going to run etc...and if anyone wants to join me...I'm all for it...I need the company...
    As you runners know...sometimes during a run...we can solve all the worlds problems in less than an hour...!!!

Another suggestion...I see that some of the local running clubs have weekly short fun runs...typically they are 5k distance. How about getting together for a mid week...(Wednesday nights) 5k run...we can run the same course that is used for the Dudley Pond 5k or the Florence Adler 5k...I picked Wednesday but it could be Monday or Thursday and the time can depend on people's work schedule...but during the summer it's still light out and maybe 7PM???...whenever anyone here would like to get together and go for a run...we could keep track of our times...and see how they improve over time...etc...
    Just a suggestion...