Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Special Election for State Senate Seat -- Support Smulowitz

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Saxton View Post
    Today we have a chance to finally elect a state senator for our district who is smart, independent minded, and will work hard for Wayland. Vote for Peter Smulowitz today!
    And indeed we elected such a State Senator...congratulations to Richard Ross for continuing the trend of defeating Democrats in Massachusetts. I wish Mr. Ross all the good will needed to work hard in the legislature.

Well, yes, congratulations to Mr. Ross. A nice win for him; but given his full time job running a funeral home in Wrentham, his lack of understanding of complex public policy issues, and his being in the minority party, this is not likely a win for our district and certainly not for Wayland.

The great part about the above analysis is that over 6,000 voters in our senate district disagreed, including mostly enrolled Democrats or traditionally Democrat voters.

What analysis? This has been a conservative Senatorial district for many years, which is why Scott Brown held this seat in the first place. The majority of voters in this district do not vote Democratic, as they have proven over and over again. Your claim that mostly enrolled Democrats voted against Smulowitz is bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Baron View Post
    including mostly enrolled Democrats or traditionally Democrat voters.
    This is a true statement. Read both halves of it. Plain and simple. Nothing bizarre about it.

I think you must be talking about a different race. Ross got close to 16,000 votes, not 6000. And in a consistently Republican voting district. And there is no evidence whatsoever that this total includes mostly Democrats or traditionally Democratic voters. The voters in north attleboro, Wrentham, Norfolk and other towns on the southern end of this dostrct haven't voted Democratic for eons. Smulowitz won in the traditionally more liberal Northern end here in Wayland, Natick and Wellesley. Whiel I generall try not to make wild claims based on no information, I would be willing to bet that 99% of Ross's votes came from Republicans and Republican-leaning unenrolled voters, where they are the vast majority in the southern areas of the district.

I just read that Smulowitz is undecided about running again against Ross in the fall.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/wayland/n...o-Richard-Ross