There's a terrific new Mexican restaurant in town called Viva, and my wife and I had the honor of being their very first customers.
A week ago tonight, we just happened in and when I asked, was told by Carlos that if we came back in an hour, we could grab a table, even though they wouldn't officially be open till the neighborhood party the next day and the Grand Opening wouldn't be until Wednesday.

So, we went back at the appointed time and as Carlos put it, they "practiced" on us.
The staff was still being trained, there was still hammering and sawing coming from the back room, and as might be expected, they were a little disorganized as they found their way around the new space.

Nonetheless, we enjoyed an awesome dinner of enchiladas, a wicked good margarita, and the best guac you ever
tasted, which they prepared right at our table, starting with the fresh avocados. If you've every been in a hospital when a team of interens came around on their morning rounds to visit the patients, it was kind of like that, as the entire staff peered over Carlos' shoulder to pick up on the fine points of making fresh guacamole.

These are the same folks that own Jose's on Sherman Street in Cambridge, which many Waylanders, myself included, have fond memories of from when they lived in and around Cambridge/Boston.

If you haven't checked it out yet, it's well worth it.
Just be patient as they're still working out some of the kinks.
They are where Morn's used to be, by Dunkin' Donuts.

Viva website