Thread: Phone Calls with Wrong Info about Override

Angry Phone Calls with Wrong Info about Override

I received a voice message at home on Saturday afternoon from Mimi Beard, who I don't know, urging me to vote against the override. She said she was calling on behalf of Wayland RSVP. She said our taxes have already increased over 40% since 2000 and that we need to show some financial constraint. As such, she was urging me to vote against the upcoming override. I looked up Beard in the Wayland phone book and I think she lives on Gleason Lane.

The news page of Wayland E-news says that distributing false information is illegal according to the State's Attorney General's Office. We clearly know that this information is false. We need to report this. Has anyone else received these calls or phone messages? :

Exclamation Me too

I have had a number of emails and one that includes "the proof" as they described it for the accuracy of their claims. I find that they over use the term proof quite liberally. Who should I forward this email to?

Smile Phone calls urging votes against the override

Why don't you forward these to me at williamsroad@earthlink.net. If I get a few of them, I am going to file a claim with the AG's office.

Thanks. Betsy Connolly

Can you send a copy to me as well at kim@waylandenews.com? Thanks!