COA partners with WaylandeNews to launch: 55+ FORUM

COA partners with WaylandeNews to launch:
55+ FORUM

an “on-line” discussion forum…. coming Sept. 15

• “I paid $2.52/gallon for gas at …”
  • “Save $…go for an early supper at Cheesecake Factory. You can order off their lunch menu until 5pm.”
  • “How do I get a chipmunk out of my house?”
  • “Anyone know a good handyman?”

WHO?  Wayland residents 55 years plus

WHAT?  Wayland residents helping Wayland residents with comments and questions posted to an “on-line” website using a computer. Select one of eight categories like Cost Saving Ideas, Home Repair, Health and Well-Being, Travel/Education, Scams, General Discussion

WHERE?  Turn on your computer and log on:  www.waylandenews.com

WHEN?  Ongoing, starting September 15-any hour of the day or night – just log on.

WHY? Families with young children network through the schools. For older residents, those networking opportunities are not as plentiful.  Perhaps you have just moved into town and would welcome an opportunity to ask a question, or share an idea with others. How often have you said, “I need help at home but don’t know who to call. Maybe you live in Mainstone and you’re looking for a neighborhood book club or bridge group Perhaps you’re shopping for a contractor or looking for a new restaurant for breakfast. This forum is for you.

HOW?

1. Go to Wayland eNews. Click on the link near the top-right of the page (under Links) for "55+ Forum".  Click on "Register" to create your account.  The form will ask you for your name.  You must complete this form on-line to be verified as a Wayland resident who is 55 years of age or older.  No one will have access to your registration information except the Webmaster.
  2. Make up a “USER NAME” – not required but probably a good idea.  Any easy to remember fictitious name is fine (ex. “roadrunner”).
  3. Once your registration is confirmed, sign in with your USER NAME/PASSWORD and you are ready to post a comment or respond to one that has been posted.

MUST I  REGISTER?  No, you don’t have to. Anyone may view the 55+ Forum on-line but ONLY REGIS-TERED users may post a comment or question.  
*UNSURE WHAT TO DO?  Call the COA.  Instruction is available in our computer lab by appt.

Note:  if you are already a member of the WaylandeNews Discussion Forum, you may use your existing account.  To add access privileges to the 55+ Forum, email kim@waylandenews.com and ask to be added to the 55+ Forum.  Alternatively, if you would prefer to maintain your existing account, but use a pseudonym at the 55+ Forum, you may create a separate account.  Feel free to use the same password for both accounts.

Share:

Leave a Reply (full real name required)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *