Thread: Wayland Hockey Association - December 8 Fundraising

Default Wayland Hockey Association - December 8 Fundraising

Dec 8 -
    Thanks to all grocery shoppers who helped Wayland Hockey today!

Thanks to everyone in Wayland for supporting the Wayland Hockey Association by shopping at that natural foods grocer in the center of Wayland. I probably can't plug the business here...(would that be a shameless ad?)...but today that grocer is helping the non-profit Wayland Hockey Association by contributing 5% of all sales to help put more student-athletes in Wayland jerseys. We hope you have the chance to stop by the store today. Our skaters & coaches will be on hand from 4-8pm. Food, give-aways, other treats. Learn more about how to start in the sport.

Ice hockey teams at Wayland High School and Wayland Middle School are entirely funded by (1) families of skaters and (2) fund-raising activity. Unlike other school sports, this very costly sport receives no monies from school athletic budgets.

Ice hockey has a rich tradition in Wayland dating to the early days of the last century. Today, young boys and girls are becoming active skaters, and embracing this healthy winter sport. Varsity teams, junior varsity teams, boys, girls, middle school teams...Wayland has many hockey teams in action this winter. To learn more about Wayland Hockey, (and to find out precisely where to shop today December 8,) please visit www.waylandhockey.org.

Smile It's WHOLE FOODS

Stu, I think letting people know where to go is totally appropriate :-). We even included an announcement (naming Whole Foods by name!) in the newsletter yesterday.

I'm reminded of electronics advertisers who aren't allowed to use the phrase "Super Bowl" without NFL permission. So, the resort to "The Big Game" and the like. [grin]

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Reichelt View Post
    Stu, I think letting people know where to go is totally appropriate :-). We even included an announcement (naming Whole Foods by name!) in the newsletter yesterday.

Thanks, Kim. So, I should also mention that at "the Big Grocer near the main Wayland Post Office" the various school teams will be on hand to greet shoppers from 4-8pm. They'd like nothing more than to hand out Wayland hockey pucks to aspiring young skaters who will be varsity players of the next decade.