... waiting upon the Prince’s kiss of deficit funding in some mythical place called Wayland

I know, Im boring, but could we be serious for a moment. Did you know there’s a vote and Town Meeting this week? The more I post or talk to people, the more I seem to be becoming monothematic. That is, an advocate for just one thing. Seems I think town financial transparency is important. A value-based end in itself, yes, but also as the step needed to get people enough information so that they can see whether Wayland is facing a dismal financial future (my belief) or not. And that as only a step towards making decisions about how to fix the problem. So first financial transparency.

Since I’m promoting honesty, I feel obliged to tell you that I’m thinking of offering an amendment to Warrant Article #2 (about the new high school). The proposed amendment would require the town (school committee actually) to provide a listing of all monies received and spent on the high school project. Pretty simple, pretty straight forward.

I have a variety of reasons for thinking that this is a good thing to do. Some “informed” folks I’ve mentioned it to seem to think the school committee will try to defeat this amendment for a couple of different reasons. I’m curious to see how it all goes down.

(Now Jeff and Kim, I’m counting on you to tell me what’s wrong with this amendment idea.)

donBustin@verizon.net