Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cartified Aging-in-Place Specialists

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Cartified Aging-in-Place Specialists

    Does anyone know of a certified aging-in-place specialist? These are folks who help design and remodel living areas to make them safer and more livable for older people.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009


    call 781 647 5327-ask for Marjorie----Jewish Family & Childrens Service.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Aging in Place Specialist

    Be aware that the certification is somewhat misleading. It is done by the National Association of Homebuilders ( and here is what they say if you go to their website:

    The Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) program teaches the technical, business management, and customer service skills essential to competing in the fastest growing segment of the residential remodeling industry: home modifications for the aging-in-place.

    As you can see, it is more designed to train homebuilders how to reach a new market more than certifying that the person you are hiring is an expert at making your home safe and more convenient. There are a number of local options for having someone come to your house and evalulate your environment including John Carmody at Carmody Remodeling, P.O. Box 188, Wayland, MA 01778, (508) 653-1174. John has been a lifelong resident of Wayland, is a member of the Wayland Business Association, and has experience in eldercare. He is not certified but knows what he is doing. I have some other names if you like, but start with John. My husband, Michael, is also a good source (and he is available for free!) but he doesn't have as much experience as John.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts