Thread: Keefe Tech

Default Keefe Tech

Keefe Tech (www.ktconed.org) offers a lot of practical, cheap, and interesting courses. For example, I will take a course this autumn in Consumer Electronics (three 2-hr sessions, $29@) to learn about Netflix, iPods, iPhones, photo sharing sites, youTube, accessories for on the road communication. It's important to know what's out there, even if you decide that certain things aren't for you. I think it's good to know who's using what and why, but perhaps even more important to know why people choose NOT to use certain items.

Default Ed2Go.com

Ed2Go is also worth taking a look at. I'm taking my first online course: 12 lessons over the course of six weeks for $139. New lessons begin on Wednesdays and Fridays and include written material, posted discussions by students and teaching assistants/instructor, resources, quizzes with instant feedback, and an exam at the end. If this course is typical, the material is well-explained, easy to follow, and fun to do. There are hundreds of courses available.

Periwinkle

Default Ed2Go.com Partners

Periwinkle,
    What an interesting site. Thanks for posting that info. Ed2Go appears to have a number of "partners" in the area - like Sudbury Park & Rec, Mass Bay Community College, etc. Did you compare prices because it seems the partners can establish their own pricing for these courses? Who did you go through to sign up for your program?

Default A great opportunity

I agree with Periwinkle and Clair de Loon. This is a great site. Unfortunately, it's a little too late to start in this autumn's sessions, I think, but I'd definitely be interested in the autumn.

Default Ed2Go

Hi Clare,

When I first looked at the course I am taking, I went to the site from the Newton Adult Ed online catalog and the price was $69, I believe. When I signed up, I went directly to Ed2Go and the price was $139. At the time, I just thought the price increased but I think you are correct: that you get a better price if you go through one of their partners. I'm contemplating taking a follow-up course and I will definitely go through a partner.

Periwinkle