I knew they had considered it, but the operative word was “seriously”. I do wonder what the HSBC’s remodeling/rebuilding option was really like. Bet it wasn’t like mine. In an attempt to minimize current expenses, I’d build one building this year, minimally repairing the others, build another building as soon as we can afford it, etc. etc. Like I would do if I was upgrading my own “plant”. Not as much fun for sure and it certainly wouldn’t be perfect. But it would seem to defy logic that it would be more expensive.

Eventually, this all is going to get us to the big issue. Which for me is how much money the town is planning to borrrow in the next five years. You think taxes are high now when we only owe 32 million. Or that it's difficult to fund quality services. Wait until we owe 150 million and also haven’t done much to curtail the growth of operating expenses. I think Wayland has big problems. But I’m not ready to discuss it. I don’t think we’re ready either. We need to start with something smaller. Like septage. Even the schools are too big. We need to figure out how we’re going to address this. We need more people involved…

donBustin@verizon.net