Quote Originally Posted by Steve Perlman View Post
You shouldn't presume to put words in my mouth. I don't agree with your "humiliate" characterization (I'd use the term "embarrass"), and I view the "flaw" as more substantive than procedural.
I didn't put words in your mouth; that was my characterization of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Perlman View Post
However, I think that you have a point in your "burning down your own house" comment. It's hard to dispute that Wayland housing prices have lost ground in recent years relative to Weston, Wellesley and Lincoln. With nods to those who attribute this to the tax rate and to those who attribute this to the decrepitude of the high school, I suspect that at least as great a factor is Wayland's reputation for litigiousness and contentiousness. Some self-restraint by those who are quick to engage in the fray would go a long way to remedy this (and I include myself and the PCC's would-be honorees in this category).
There's nothing wrong with engagement, or with disagreement for that matter. What must stop is the demonization and "ends justify the means" rationalization of disrepectful and onerous behavior.