Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reflections on Taking a Break

FYI, I was thinking about a "[grin]" originally, but actually thought that it might "soil" this excellent thread so left it out!

I guess I thought that the mention of Colbert's name was a subtle equivalent. Too subtle, in fact.

Far be it from me to stick up for Jeff D [grin], smiley and all that - but just for the record, I took his comment as a joke myself. I didn't take it as any kind of insult.

Anyway, isn't comparing someone to George Bush punishable by 10 years imprisonment, hard labor? Who would take that risk?

John Flaherty

Any views expressed are NOT mine alone.
    Wayland Transparency - Facts Without Spin
    http://www.waylandtransparency.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dieffenbach View Post
    FYI, I was thinking about a "[grin]" originally, but actually thought that it might "soil" this excellent thread so left it out!

I guess I thought that the mention of Colbert's name was a subtle equivalent. Too subtle, in fact.
    I guess so. I don't think Colbert was kidding...

Please don't tell Dick Cheney that Wayland is my "undisclosed location."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Baron View Post
    I guess I'd say that written communications like this run the risk of being offensive when tone of voice is otherwise impossible to infer.
    Then I'll never be able to post here again.

OK, now the "polite police" are starting to get worried that everyone is being too polite. [grin]^TM

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Grasso View Post
    Then I'll never be able to post here again.
    Truly funny! I laughed out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Baron View Post
    I also pledge to stay involved, commit time and energy to our volunteer government and fight for the changes that I think will make this happy Wayland a better place. Any posts I make going forward will try and have that underlying theme.
    Thanks Jeff- I absolutely join you in this pledge.

And I thank Mary Camp for her post about "time to move on". She makes some great points there and if I could figure out how to quote two different people in one response, I'd put some here!!!!

I would add one suggestion, I think it would be good to include a HS and/or MS parent in the ES task force. I think including the perspective of a parent who has kids that have gone through the entire system, is so important for those who haven't had the opportunity of hindsight. As my kids get older, I realize what seemed so critical at early junctures, can pale in comparison when looking at the bigger picture. That is not to say experience trumps all, but often times I hear these people speak at SC mtgs and have a great respect for their reflection. What we think is so unique to our ES experience, I'm quickly seeing is happening all around us and these same issues cycle through in ebbs and flows.

I also love her idea of a survey to all parents regarding priorities. Then the SC would have a baseline of feedback from a more representative group than only those who show up to SC mtgs and make comment on a particular topic.

Quote Originally Posted by TracyScheidemantel View Post
    And I thank Mary Camp for her post about "time to move on". She makes some great points there and if I could figure out how to quote two different people in one response, I'd put some here!!!!
    Ah, Grasshopper. So many lessons you could learn if willing to learn from the master...

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Camp View Post
    Re-hashing the past ad nauseum only serves to more firmly cement the negative feelings and further divide our community (my opinion). Clearly tempers are still high, time has not healed all wounds, and all of this back and forth frankly seems to be so much wheel spinning. Time to move on.
    Perhaps one day with a few spare moments, I will post a quick tutorial on cool things you can do in the forum.