Thread: Veterans Memorial

Default Veterans Memorial

Recently i spoke to the Selectmen at their August 31 st meeting about the new sign that was planted at the memorial by the Democratic Town Committee. this sign reads Cared for by the Democratic Town Committee it does not belong there memorials are what they are to honor events such as wars
    and other heroic things. Not advertising this memorial is hallowed ground for veterans to be honored the selectmen plan to have it removed but when who knows actually those signs don,t belong at the town Building at all because it makes out that the town is endorsing a political party.You don,t see this in Washington at their memorials and we should see it in Wayland either.
    Richard P Turner

Richard, the sign you mention is at the base of the Town Building flag pole across the parking lot from the memorial. Perhaps it was moved there following your observation?

I'm sure you'll join me in petitioning the Board of Selectmen to remove the Ronald Reagan quote from the memorial. It's the only quote on the memorial, and clearly partisan by virtue of its authorship.

Or, for balance, perhaps we should add a quote by FDR, JFK, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, or Barack Obama. Your call.

[grin]

Default Yikes!

How did the Veterans Memorial get so political?

Well, it is Wayland ...

[second grin]

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jenny View Post
    How did the Veterans Memorial get so political?
    Chris it does not belong there and futhermore we are not changing the engraving
    on the memorial
    Richard P Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dieffenbach View Post
    Richard, the sign you mention is at the base of the Town Building flag pole across the parking lot from the memorial. Perhaps it was moved there following your observation?

I'm sure you'll join me in petitioning the Board of Selectmen to remove the Ronald Reagan quote from the memorial. It's the only quote on the memorial, and clearly partisan by virtue of its authorship.

Or, for balance, perhaps we should add a quote by FDR, JFK, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, or Barack Obama. Your call.

[grin]
    sorry jeff no changes to engravings $$$$$$$$
    Richard P Turner