Thread: High School Traffic Lights

Exclamation High School Traffic Lights

Hello all,

I was the traffic officer for Wayland PD before I retired in 2004.

So many years I have suggested a traffic light at the high scholo with no results due to budget restraintsl but unfortunately a terrible accident due to speed killed a student and many have brought this issue into the limelight. I received many requests to have the speed board there but didn't help and we all knew it

A traffic light will not only protect students, it will force traffic to slow down EVERY day as long as the WPD has at least two weeks or more of having an enforcement crusier parked at the high shool after installation and stop offenders until commuters, most of the out-of-town, learn that there is now a light there and the town enforces the traffic law in regards to failure to stop for a red light.

Also, maybe no one has thought of this but when I did traffic duty at night letting cars out at night after town meeting, could a manual override but installed (like at TJ MAXX in Natick) for the officer on town meeting traffic duty so that he/she doesn't have to step in the dangerours roadway (curves) and control exiting town meeting traffic and RT 126 traffic safely. Not to do so would be a mistake and makes sense to add this feature.

Best of luck in this venture and a fond hello to all my Wayland friends.

Off. Frank MacKenzie-Lamb (RET)

Exclamation High Lights P.S.

Forgot to mention.....if the new housing complex goes in in Framingham at the gravel pit, the developers ought to be required to pay for these lights as it will add a lot more traffic going by the high school because of their emormous amounts of new traffic..

Off. Frank MacKenzie-Lamb (RET)
    Last edited by Administrator; 11-09-2007 at 12:07 PM.